We hope the LimeWorks.us Mission Statement inspires you. If you have one of the skill sets listed below and want to help us advance our mission then please contact us for employment or networking with us.
Our mission is to serve the Historic Building Preservation industry and the Sustainable Building communities by supplying materials ‘Fit for Purpose.’ Our goal is to safeguard natural, cultural, and historic resources by supplying lower embodied energy products, hence aiming at reducing the overall carbon footprint in construction.
Our customers who choose to engage with us on this worthy goal help to create more American jobs. Preserving the legacy of our architectural heritage is investing in an eco-friendly, energy-efficient, and sustainable future that supports our multidimensional vision.
We are deeply concerned about climate change and hence aspire to be compliant with some goals set by United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. To reach this goal realistically, we aid clients in cost-saving solutions such as adaptive reuse in order to move forward with all development, while saving money and the environment, at the same time.
Needed Skill Sets and Open Work Positions at LimeWorks.us:
- Technical Support Personnel This is a job for those who will do face-to-face Counter Help for walk-in customers or field Technical Calls from an office desk. You must have an understanding of historic masonry, lime mortars, and plaster or be willing to have us train you to fully understand our product line and how it augments or replaces most modern materials currently used in the field. Retired or semi-retired restoration masons and plasterers who want to offer their years of knowledge to others in this capacity are encouraged to call us. Good communication skills, some computer skills, and overall patience and friendliness are all a plus for this people business where we need to be good communicators in order to convey the importance of methods and materials and then follow through by processing a material order.
- Custom Blending, Warehousing, and Product Inventory/Display Personnel This is a job for those who will Pick and Pack UPS/FedEx shipments, mixing custom ingredients into pails and sealing, labeling, palletizing, and shrink wrapping the pails and bags for LTL shipments and loading various vehicles manually and with a fork-lift. Work involves warehouse organizational items to rotate stock and keep everything clean and orderly. Additional tasks include creating mock-up panels for sales displays or doing work producing our product kits that contain hand-finished hard samples of products that we sell.
- Scientific Personnel This is a job for those who will do instrumental and wet analysis laboratory studies on historic mortars and plasters and then complete the reports that go with them. Work includes fielding technical calls, helping with our PowerPoint lectures used at our product installation workshops, and assisting with internal and external webinars. A Historic Paints and Coatings specialist is needed to support historic decoration and sheltering mediums that we currently sell and want to expand our offerings into further in this field.
- Comptroller and Accounting Personnel This is a job for those who will do the management of accounts receivable/payable, payroll, produce financial studies and create reports, interpret reports, create budgets, and help with our long-term goal setting.
- Marketing Personnel This is a job for those who will work with our existing marketing team to help us go further in coordinating and executing various marketing campaigns to target new regions of the US and abroad, nurture relationships in those regions, and continue to expand our existing markets.
- Managing Secretarial Personnel These jobs are for those who can manage tasks and schedules and interface with other parties for various departments within the company. Secretarial jobs for different positions will vary depending on the department’s needs. Some secretaries will be involved in the ordering and deploying of the deliveries of material, keeping stock in satellite warehouses located in various parts of the country, and being assigned a location to manage. This secretary will also manage the schedule of sales reps’ appointments in those regions to check in with existing clients and meet various potential clients. Some secretaries will be involved in alerting independent crews of posted projects for the installation of our material on our project request platform. This secretary will have to communicate with both the contractors and the building owners to connect the two and monitor the flow of successful project completion. Some secretaries will be involved in helping build the craft training part of our company. This job would require working with apprentices and professionals to create a more sophisticated level of trade development where having prior experience working with non-profit and trade organizations will also be helpful. Executive Secretaries will be needed for helping upper management with all day-to-day tasks.
- Equipment Support Personnel This is a job for someone who has skill in repairing small engine equipment and all mechanical masonry equipment such as mixers, cut-off saws, mortar pumps, and sprayers. This equipment is what the Technical Install Crews of our products use and also train in their use, sell, and service. Welding and fabricating skills are needed. This work could include doing everything from spot weld repairs to fully fabricating small frames and up to making farm-use trailers, doing work on tractors, forklifts, skid steer loaders, and trucks as needed, or calling on outside help to get these tasks completed by management of these required work requests.
- Outside Sales Personnel This is a job for those who will do the work of visiting architects, retailers, trade professionals, curators at museums, and those who are stewards of historic resources to promote awareness of our product, services, and training.
- Housekeeping Personnel This is a job for those who will keep our offices and workshops clean and stocked with supplies. Work involves seasonal decorating by using our current holiday decorations. Throughout the year placing flower arrangements, staging furniture, and wall art along with other details intended to improve the working environment and the customer experience is key for this position.
- Independent Trade Roadies These are jobs for those who will do masonry work anywhere in the USA, (or only in their certain geological location where we need representation), and who are independent contractors who can work closely with us. You must already have experience as a restoration mason and/or flat wall/ ornamental plastering. The jobs will require the ability to look at, assess, bid, and follow through to complete work requests sent to you. Jobs may also include running workshops that we set up for you to run at an agreed sum which will help to represent our products in various parts of the country where we want to bring awareness to our company and our products and services.
- Please visit HERE for our plea for experienced tradespeople who want to pass on their knowledge and skills to another generation.