Ecologic™ LithoGlue is an all-natural two-part gluing system used to glue fragments of brick and stone masonry together making it ideal for piecing together shattered fragments of gravestones, bricks, or architectural ornaments not under load. Based on calcium caseinate, Ecologic™ LithoGlue achieves moderate strength while maintaining vapor permeability and reversibility. When working with stones that are in otherwise sound condition around the repair area, Ecologic™ LithoGlue should allow the stone to break at the glue point if toppled again rather than creating a new fracture. Ecologic™ LithoGlue requires purchasing and use of Ecologic™ Waterglass as its liquid second part for maximum efficacy. Ecologic™ LithoGlue is available in all stock colors of standard Saint-Astier® Lithomex upon request.
- LithoGlue (Part 1)= 1 Cups
- Mixing water = ¼ cup
- Waterglass = 12.5 ml
- Mix Casein Glue powder and water for a minimum of 5 minutes and until all lumps are gone.
- While mixing add all of the Waterglass.
- Mix glue for a minimum of 5 minutes and until all lumps are gone.
- Apply glue mixture to both substrates.
- Tightly Clamp pieces together and let sit overnight away from freezing temperatures.
Ecologic™ LithoGlue Benefits
- Natural Materials
- No VOC’s
- Detailed repair of small masonry
- Reversible to protect masonry from new damage.
- Vapor permeable
- Easy to follow two-part recipe
LithoGlue 55lbs Coverage