Lithomex Based Casein Glue
A natural field-mixed glue is used to glue together upright cemetery headstones. Lithomex Based Casein Glue can also be used to glue small pieces of brick and stone masonry together. It has a respectable strength using calcium caseinate to significantly hold together units but will still remain reversible. Used in conservation work, if a tablet stone were to be pushed over, Lithomex Based Casein Glue will allow the stone to break at the glue point if enough force came upon to seam and not encourage a new break at another location if vandalism were to occur. The product comes in two parts; Casein/Lithomex powder and Ecologic™ Waterglass as the liquid additive.
- Casein Glue (Part 1)= 1 Cups
- Mixing water = ¼ cup
- Waterglass = 12.5 ml
- Mix Casein Glue powder and water for a minimum of 5 minutes and until all lumps are gone.
- While mixing add all of the Waterglass.
- Mix glue for a minimum of 5 minutes and until all lumps are gone.
- Apply glue mixture to both substrates.
- Tightly Clamp pieces together and let sit overnight away from freezing temperatures.
Ecologic™ Lithomex Based Casein Glue Benefits
- Natural Materials
- No VOC’s
- Detailed repair of small masonry
- Reversible to protect masonry from new damage.
- Vapor permeable
- Easy to follow two-part recipe
Lithomex Based Casein Glue 55lbs Coverage
|Lithomex Based Casein Glue|