Ecologic™ Waterglass – Soft Stone and Brick Solidifier:
Ecologic™ Waterglass Primer & Consolidant is a clear primer, conditioner, and thinner for silicate dispersion paints. Additionally, Waterglass is vapor permeable and helps to balance the surface absorbency and to stabilize old lime & cement plaster, natural sandstone, or concrete. Ecologic™ Potassium Silicate Paint can be used on most rigid and absorbent exterior and interior wall surfaces. An ideal soft stone and brick solidifier for mineral-based surfaces such as concrete, lime & cement plaster (stucco), brick stone, or old powdery stucco, if it has been solidified by a mineralizing coat of Ecologic™ Waterglass Primer & Consolidant.
Ecologic™ Waterglass Benefits and Applications:
- Apply to reduce dusting and consolidate old friable masonry
- Apply over Limewashes to reduce dusting.
- Extend the coverage of Potassium Silicate Paint or Colorwash Stain by priming the wall with Waterglass.
- Dilute Potassium Silicate Paint up to 20% for spraying applications
- Dilute Colorwash Stain up to 99% with Waterglass for more transparency
- Mix with Casein Glue as part of a two-part application for repairing monuments and gravestones.
Not suitable for:
Wood (not stable), plastic, metal (non-absorbent), floors (mechanical abrasion), and gypsum plaster (not chemically neutral).
A potassium silicate binder that conditions the absorption rate of substrates as well as fortifies and solidifies friable masonry, such as salmon brick, brownstone, and other sedimentary rock, and lime plaster.
Can be brushed, rolled, or sprayed on
Coverage 240 st. ft. per gallon
These products must not freeze during warehousing or transport and may limit availability during certain times of the year. Please call for availability.