Ecologic™ Waterglass – Soft Stone and Brick Solidifier:
Ecologic™ Waterglass Primer & Consolidant is a clear primer, conditioner, and thinner for silicate dispersion paints. Additionally, Waterglass is vapor permeable and helps to balance the surface absorbency and to stabilize old lime & cement plaster, natural sandstone, or concrete. Ecologic™ Potassium Silicate Paint can be used on most rigid and absorbent exterior and interior wall surfaces. An ideal soft stone and brick solidifier for mineral-based surfaces such as concrete, lime & cement plaster (stucco), brick stone, or old powdery stucco, if it has been solidified by a mineralizing coat of Ecologic™ Waterglass Primer & Consolidant.
How to Apply:
Can be brushed, rolled, or sprayed on.
Not suitable for:
Wood (not stable), plastic, metal (non-absorbent), floors (mechanical abrasion), and gypsum plaster (not chemically neutral).
Ecologic™ Waterglass Benefits and Applications:
- Apply to reduce dusting and consolidate old friable masonry
- Apply over Limewashes to reduce dusting.
- Extend the coverage of Potassium Silicate Paint or Colorwash Stain by priming the wall with Waterglass.
- Dilute Potassium Silicate Paint up to 20% for spraying applications
- Dilute Colorwash Stain up to 99% with Waterglass for more transparency
- Mix with Casein Glue as part of a two-part application for repairing monuments and gravestones.
Ecologic Waterglass Coverage per Gallon
- 240 sq. ft. per gallon