ECOLOGIC™ LIMECRETE BINDER PRODUCT DESCRIPTION:
Ecologic™ LimeCrete Binder is a pre-blended binder that can be combined with a variety of aggregates to create a “greener” alternative to pure Portland cement binders but produce a more robust and structural concrete than a Pure NHL 5 and aggregate lime concrete mix.
Ecologic™ LimeCrete Binder is intended to be applied with user-sourced aggregates for applications like cast chimney pots and ornaments, lime concrete balconies, cast shower pans, create ponds, make chimney crowns, and Cast Stone.
- LimeCrete Binder provides a greener alternative than gray Portland cement binders with fly ash or fillers.
- LimeCrete Binder has a sulfate resisting quality so that future salt attack is lessened. This also reduces future efflorescence issues.
- The excellent Modulus of Elasticity of EcologicTM LimeCrete Binder helps joints that often fail between machine-cut flagstone edges, granite steps, cast stone copings to stay better knit to the edges of the units and hold up better in exposed weather conditions with heavy foot traffic and extreme freeze-thaw cycles.
- EcologicTM LimeCrete Binder can be naturally colored with aggregates or by adding not more than 10% of the total weight of the binder using alkali and UV stable pigments.
One 5-gallon pail of Ecologic™ LimeCrete Binder (35 lbs) when mixed with 2.5 parts (160 lbs total) of
Ecologic™ Graded & Dried Sand blend (G) will result in approximately:
- 1.75 c.f. of LimeCrete mortar.
- Point about 70 sq. ft. of standard paving brick joints @ ⅜” wide and 2-1/4” deep.
- Pour 6.5 sq.ft. of a 4” slab of lime concrete.