Ecologic™ Brand Fiberglass Mesh Tape is a lightweight adhesive fiberglass mesh ideal for interior or exterior plaster reinforcement. Ecologic™ Brand Fiberglass Mesh Tape can be used with Ecologic™ Plaster TAKCOAT™ or TOPCOAT™ systems to permanently hide joints, cracks, holes, and/or unify surfaces without the need to embed into mortar or plaster. Non-rusting and alkali-stable, Ecologic™ Brand Fiberglass Mesh Tape is produced from woven strands that are both flexible and flame-retardant. Using Ecologic™ Brand Fiberglass Mesh Tape as a supplement to plaster system base coats can help prevent cracking, reinforce corners, or even provide backing for ornamental plaster.
- Bridging gaps, cracks, drywall board lines, or transitions between materials to help reduce the risk of substrate cracks or drywall board joint lines migrating through to new finish plaster/stucco system.
- As a base layer to prepare substrates before application of Ecologic™ Plaster TAKCOAT™ Platinum.
- Reinforcing base layer for future application of Ecologic™ Plaster TOPCOAT™ plaster/stucco.
- Wrapping corners to help reduce the risk of plaster/stucco knockoff.
- Backing for ornamental plaster applications.