Environmentally-friendly Ecologic™ Hydraulic Lime 3.5 is made using pure and natural lime and a natural volcanic pozzolan sourced in the USA. This meets the LimeWorks®.us Platinum* designation and the ASTM criteria for a Pozzolanic Hydraulic Lime (PHL). Add appropriate sand (Scan QR Code) to create a breathable lime mortar or stucco/plaster with an excellent modulus of elasticity for interior or exterior use. Replaces Portland Cement and Hydrated Lime in mortar and plaster mixes. Contains NO unreliable or unhealthy Ground Granulated Blast-Furnace slag (GGBS) or fly ash often found in a substandard PHL. The use of GGBS can yield less breathable mortar, stucco, and plaster due to a “run-away” strength phenomenon from its correlating increased densification.
Ecologic™ Hydraulic Lime 3.5 Platinum meets or exceeds ASTM C1707-18 (Pozzolanic Hydraulic Lime for Structural Purposes) and is perfect for making historically appropriate mortars according to ASTM C1713-17 (Mortars for the Repair of Historic Masonry).
Where to Use
Combine Ecologic™ Hydraulic Lime 3.5 with appropriate sand to create structural mortar, stucco/plaster which is suitable for both modern construction and historic masonry rehabilitation as well as alternative builds like hempcrete and strawbale. Ecologic™ Hydraulic Lime 3.5 can be colored with Ecologic™ Color Packs or any UV and alkali-resistant pigment for an endless variety of colors. Meets or exceeds ASTM C1707-18 (Pozzolanic Hydraulic Lime for Structural Purposes) and ASTM C1713-17 (Mortar for the Repair of Historic Masonry).
Need Pre-mixed material?
Check out our premixed Ecologic™ Mortar.
Need something more custom?
We do custom simulations for mortar, brick, stone, terracotta, and paint. Visit “Ordering a Custom Formulated Simulation” to learn more.
Comparable to Saint-Astier® NHL 3.5. It fully replaces Portland Cement/Hydrated Lime mixes when mixed with appropriate sands.
Made in America!
- Platinum means over 90% of all ingredients and labor come from the United States, saving money, lowering carbon footprints, and protecting American jobs and industry!
- Quicker strength gain than equivalent NHL 3.5.
- No harmful chemicals or additives, only natural lime and pozzolans.
- Safe and sympathetic to most historic masonry
- High vapor permeability (“breathable”) compared to modern cement binders.
- With the correct sands added all mortars, plasters, grouts, and stucco/renders made are pumpable and sprayable.
Over three years of third-party testing with Intertek Group PLC’s Architectural Testing Laboratory proves Ecologic™ Hydraulic Lime 3.5 when mixed with appropriate sand produces a lime mortar, stucco/plaster that accommodates slight building movement, is breathable and is resistant to salts and sulfates comparable to foreign natural hydraulic limes such as Saint-Astier® NHL 3.5.! Learn more HERE.
The production of Portland Cement creates on average 80% more carbon emissions during the manufacturing and application phase compared to that of lime which is used in our mortar. Learn more about our impact HERE.
Ecologic™ Hydraulic Lime 3.5 Coverage
- Moderately Hydraulic lime is recommended for use when moderate strengths and better freeze-thaw resistance is required.
- Used for applications such as laying or repointing brick, stone and terra cotta units even in extreme freeze-thaw climate cycles.
- It can be used to make scratch, brown and finish coats of exterior stucco
- Quick Estimation Numbers
Ecologic™ Hydraulic Lime 3.5 Bag Coverage for Plaster and Stucco
There are no reviews yet.