Ecologic™ Injection Grout Product Description:
Ecologic™ Injection Grout is a specially formulated grout based on Natural Hydraulic Lime (NHL 5), containing NO Portland Cement, specialized clean aggregates.
- Type I Grout – This is a mixture of St. Astier NHL 5 and casein (particle size: 40 – 60 microns). It’s recommended use is for filling very fine cracks up to a width 1/16 inch.
- Type II Grout – This is a mixture of 1 part St. Astier NHL 5 to 1 part glass microspheres by volume (particle size: 300 microns) is recommended for use for fine cracks or voids between 10 mils (0.010 inches) and 1/8 inch.
- Type III Grout – Is a mixture of 1 part St. Astier NHL 5 and 1 part #100 or fine white silica sand by volume ( particle size: 600 microns) to be used for cracks or voids between 1/8 inch and 1/4 inch
- Type IV Grout – Is a mixture of 1 part St. Astier NHL 5 to 1.5 part blended aggregates by volume (particle size: 800 microns) to be used for cracks or voids between 1/4 inch and 1/2 inch
- COULINEX (Type V Grout) – based on NHL 3.5 it can be used on its own or with the addition of sand, depending on the size of the void. In fine injection work, it can be applied on its own or with very fine aggregate, depending on the size of the void. Used in stone statuary and monuments.
Use non-staining clay, caulk or Duct Seal to temporally dam the bottom of the crack being repaired. As the Injection Grout fills the void space, allow to cure for a minimum of 24 hours before the removal of damming material. Avoid overflow and runs on the masonry when possible. Fill the void slow and steadily, using horse syringe (without the needle) for pure NHL grout with no aggregate, and use grout bag with any of the four grout types, until more materials can no longer be accepted. Repoint or patch the mortar joint or stone with appropriate compatible