Ecologic™ PLASTER TOPCOAT™ Platinum
Ecologic™ PLASTER TOPCOAT™ Platinum is a prepared blend of binder and aggregates for interior or exterior work where you just add water, mix and go to work. Use it on historic buildings or new buildings.
It can also be used as a general lime mortar to lay up masonry units and repoint historic brick and stone buildings whether they receive a lime render over the masonry work or not. Ecologic™ PLASTER TOPCOAT™ Platinum is an environmentally friendly product that is free of all damaging Portland Cement, potentially poisonous Ground Granulated Blast Furnace Slag (GGBS), Fly ash or expanding gypsum sometimes found in substandard synthetic Hydraulic Lime or elastomeric mortars and stuccoes which are on the market. Ecologic™ PLASTER TOPCOAT™ Platinum gives an ancient “Old World” lime finish that is both durable and healthy to live with.
TOPCOAT™ is a Lime Plaster for Historic & Sustainable Building that is based on Hydraulic Lime (HL). Topcoat uses various graded sands for the (G) “Coarse” or (F) “Fine” sanded finishes which are intended for External Lime Renders.
Hydraulic Lime Plaster, renders, shelter coats, and finishes:
- G – Ecologic™ PLASTER TOPCOAT™ Platinum, Coarse-sanded Grade (G) is diverse and can be used as the base coat placed directly over porous and stable raw masonry, or over non-rusting lath for framed walls or as the leveling “brown coat” in a three-coat plaster/stucco system. It can also then be used as the final coarse-textured topcoat as the name implies. Since Ecologic™ PLASTER TOPCOAT™ Platinum, Coarse-sanded Grade (G) is composed of Hydraulic Lime and aggregates it serves universal purposes.
- F – Ecologic™ PLASTER TOPCOAT™ Platinum, Fine-sanded Grade (F) is diverse and can not only be used as the final fine-textured topcoat for plaster and stucco but also as lime mortar for repointing narrow brick and stone joints 3/8” wide and under.
- Xtra-Fine Interior – Ecologic™ PLASTER TOPCOAT™ Platinum, Xtra Fine-sanded Grade (XF) is a final finish coat of internal lime plaster.
Hydraulic Lime Plaster for Historic and Sustainable Building with No Portland Cement
A pre-blended material with aggregates already added secures high-quality control for achieving the final properties of the mix design and reduces the temptation to add Portland cement which is otherwise customary when a cementitious Type N mortar is made with plain hydrated lime. Mixing can then take place on each level of scaffold using the drill mixer so that no excess sand piles or other bags of material have to be stored on site.
NO Portland Cement is needed or present in Ecologic™ PLASTER TOPCOAT™ Platinum, Coarse-sanded Grade (G) yet the stock material will still reach the required 750 p.s.i. required for a Type N mortar.
It is strong enough to build with but not too hard for historic work because it maintains a high permeability required for breathable lime mortar, plaster or stucco used to repair historic structures that were originally built with lime-based material. Due to the absence of Portland cement, Ecologic™ PLASTER TOPCOAT™ Platinum, Coarse-sanded Grade (G) is inadvertently also immune to sulfates and salts and allows salts to get flushed from properly finished surfaces of this installed product over trapping salts.
Color variations available:
|Ecologic™ TOPCOAT™ Platinum SCG (G) and (F) – 50lbs Bag Coverage|
|Ecologic™ TOPCOAT™ Platinum (XF) Interior – 50lbs Bag Coverage|
Suitable Interior and Exterior Substrates
- Non-rusting lath
- Raw brick
- Over cured, non-oily vertical concrete.
If a substrate is smooth and offers no mechanical keys, Ecologic™ PLASTER TAKCOAT Platinum can be used as the initial transitional coat installed before this product.
Customized Plaster Questionnaire
What is Platinum?
Made in America:
At LimeWorks.us the term *Platinum means that only 10% of all ingredients and/or labor is allowed to be sourced outside of the United States to manufacture the product.
- Ecologic PLASTER TOPCOAT PLATINUM COARSE-SANDED G – Cutsheet
- Ecologic PLASTER TOPCOAT PLATINUM FINE-SANDED F – Cutsheet
- Ecologic PLASTER TOPCOAT PLATINUM Xtra FINE-SANDED XF – Cutsheet
- Ecologic TOPCOAT Platinum – Safety Data Sheet
Labels and Application Data
- Ecologic TOPCOAT Platinum Coarse (Packaging Label)
- Ecologic TOPCOAT Platinum Fine (Packaging Label)
- Ecologic TOPCOAT Platinum XF Interior (Packaging Label)
- Ecologic Takcoat Platinum (Packaging Label)
- Ecologic TOPCOAT Customized (Packaging Label)
- Ecologic™ Plaster System Easy as 1-2-3 Leaflet
- TOPCOAT™ Platinum Product Leaflet
- TAKCOAT™ Platinum Product Leaflet